PCB Wizard 3 is a powerful package for designing single-sided and double-sided printed circuit boards (PCBs). It provides a comprehensive range of tools covering all the traditional steps in PCB production, including schematic drawing, schematic capture, component placement, automatic routing, Bill of Materials reporting and file generation for manufacturing. In addition, PCB Wizard 3 offers a wealth of clever new features that do away with the steep learning curve normally associated with PCB packages.
All versions (Hobbyist, Professional and Educational) have these standard features:
- Circuit Diagram: Circuit diagram design, 500 Component library, ANSI and DIN symbols, Schematic capture, Automatic wiring, Nets and virtual connections, Interactive component and pin hints, Link to Livewire for simulation
- PCB Layout: PCB layout design, Single-Sided Automatic PCB routing, Routing of flying wire links, Bill of Materials reporting, Customizable component library, NC-Drill export (Excellon format), Gerber export (274-D / 274-X format)
- General: Multi-level zoom (25%-1000%), Multiple undo and redo, Copy and paste to other software, Multiple document support, Automatic save, Integrated text and drawing tools
The PROFESSIONAL version has these additional features:
- 1,000 extra components to choose from.
- Double-sided PCB routing.
- Interactive PCB routing.
- DXF export for CAD/CAM.