Test Your Bridge Project, Tower or Wood Beam Material Without Destruction! This system can be used to test your bridge project, tower or wood beam material for building your model bridge. The major advantage of this system is that you do not have to break the bridge or the structure in order to compare results. The bridge or the structure can be tested for their strengths by comparing their deflection.
Deflection with the CPAD™ refers to how far the structure bends at the given weight i.e. if you put 5 lbs. of weight on a structure, one structure may bend 1 in. and an other structure may bend more or less.
With the help of the computer we can differentiate between small differences in deflection which may not been seen by the eye. This system may be used in conjunction with your existing bridge tester and it interfaces to your computer.
Features of the CPAD™ System Include:
- 2 Independent Pressure Sensors with a total of 300 lb max. load capacity.
- Deflection Sensor with expandable arm to accommodate different designs.
- Superimpose up to four sets of data on a graph for performance comparisons.
- Automatic, Accurate Sensor Calibration.
- Continuous Pressure and Displacement Display.
- Calibrate the Y-axis in actual weight units (lbs.).
- Instant, minimum and maximum values constantly maintained.
- 5 levels of software zooming to the graph area. You can zoom at each area independently.
- 2 different plotting modes (panning and wrapping)
- Single run or continuous run plotting modes
- Selectable data acquisition rate (samples per second)
- Save and retrieve graph data to files for later analysis
- Compatible with the KELVIN® Bridge/Tower Tester™.
- Interfaces with your computer.
Windows, USB. Grades 6 and Up. School Use Only.