No PC is Required! Make a set of mechanical scales to weigh or count parts up to 50 grams using leverage. After adding an object to be weighed, the arm swings up next to the readout. Students will learn about mass, levers, parallelogram, load calibration, friction, counting, levers, rotary, linear, ratios, bearing axle, center of gravity, average, counterbalance.
As an additional challenge, students can calibrate the scale themselves using the blank sheet available on the website. They also design their own readout. Approximately 25 cm long. Grades 3 and up.
-  Multiblocks, Green
-  Clip Connectors, Blue
-  Collars, Gray, 0.16 in. (4 mm) Dia.
-  Metal Bearings
-  End Caps
-  Rubber Bands, 1.77 in. (45 mm) Dia.
-  Gear, Black, 2.75 in. (70 mm) Dia.
-  Tubes, Gray, 0.15 in. (3.9 mm) Dia.
-  Snap-Off Rod, Gray, 0.16 in. (4 mm) Dia.
-  Snap-Off Rod, Blue, 0.20 in. (5 mm) Dia.
-  Slit Rod, Blue, 3.14 in. (80 mm) Long
-  Slit Rod, Blue, 7.87 in. (200 mm) Long
-  Bag
-  Piece of Sand Paper
PLEASE NOTE: Kre8® Kits can be assembled in regular classrooms. Snips or the Kre8® Cutter is required to cut card and light blue tubes.