Have your students design and model their dream bedroom while staying within specification and constraints. This activity includes building to scale, calculating area and cost, calculating percentage of window area and staying within a budget. Add the optional lighting package and include lessons on electricity and circuits. Discuss the role of architects and engineers in building design. Include lessons focused on the technology of building construction to complete the STEM based activity.
Each kit includes the following materials:
- Chipboard base
- Grid paper for floor plan
- Two pieces of 4 x 20 in. foam core board for walls and closets
- Pattern sheets for windows, furniture silhouette, furniture flat developments, cost sheets and design brief
- Dowel rod for closet pole
- Felt sheet for rug
- Stick glue tube for paper
- Detailed Instructions
Teacher must supply glue gun and glue slugs.