Livewire is a sophisticated software package for designing and simulating electronic circuits. Switches, transistors, diodes, integrated circuits and hundreds of other components can all be connected together to investigate the behaviour of a circuit. There are no limits to what can be designed and no loose connections or faulty components to worry about. However, if the maximum ratings for any components are exceeded, they will explode on screen!
All versions (Hobbyist, Professional and Educational) have these standard features:
- Circuit Diagram: Circuit diagram design, 500 Component library, ANSI and DIN symbols, Schematic capture Automatic wiring, Nets and virtual connections Interactive component and pin hints, Link to Livewire for simulation
- General: Multi-level zoom (25%-1000%), Multiple undo and redo Copy and paste to other software, Multiple document support, Automatic save, Integrated text and drawing tools
The EDUCATIONAL version has these additional features:
- 1,000 extra components to choose from (1,500 total).
- More virtual instruments including logic analyzer, function generator and word generator.
- Component fault simulation for teaching students about fault-finding.
- Educational support material and courseware authoring tools.
- Network support (the Standard and Pro editions will not run on networks).
- Multi-user versions offering discounted prices.